Friday, January 11, 2013

The Osbourne vs Lady Gaga

…and the claws are out!
Indeed, it is an industry-wide known fact that Mama Osbourne does not play when it comes to the members of her outspoken family.
For, as previously reported, daughter Kelly Osbourne recently unveiled news of attacks from the ever-faithful fanbase of pop superstar Lady Gaga.  Gaga, in turn, penned an open letter to Kelly and offered an “apology” of sorts and a few other kind words.
Well, those words seem to have not been taken so kindly as today saw ‘The Talk” hostess pen her own letter to Gaga criticizing the singer for her use of animal fur as well as fanbase’s attacks on Adele, Rihanna, Madonna, and, of course, her daughter Kelly.  Needless to say, the censors were not on hand for this one:
Screen shot 2013 01 10 at 8.57.54 PM Sharon Osbourne To Lady Gaga: Your Open Letter Is Hypocritical and Full of Contradictions
Ms. Gaga,
 I am responding to your open letter to my daughter Kelly, and I am perplexed as to why you would go public with an open letter. Regarding this current situation; Kelly didn’t contact you, I was the one that contacted your manager today and the email is attached below for your reference. I reached out to him as Kelly’s manager and mother to ask him if you could address your “little monster” fans and stop them from writing libelous, slanderous and vile comments about my family, including death threats to Kelly.
Your open letter is hypocritical and full of contradictions. And as your mother Cynthia supports you, I support my daughter Kelly. I must say your opinions on what is politically correct and acceptable totally differ from mine, but that is what makes the world so interesting…we are all different. How sweet that you have empathy for my daughter, as you feel that she has taken a less passionate path in life. You say her work on E! with the Fashion Police is “rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people’s beauty against one another.” Welcome to the real world. Example, when I saw you wear a dress made out of raw meat, I was sickened. When I see you wearing fur, and using it as a fashion statement, the fact that defenseless animals have been killed so you can get your picture in the press is abhorrent to me. Shouldn’t you be teaching your “little monster” fans to respect animals and life?

I don’t feel I have to justify Kelly’s choices in life to you. By your actions to Kelly right now, you have shown me that you are nothing more than a publicly seeking hypocrite and an attention seeker. You know it would have been much more dignified of you to do this privately. I am calling you a bully because you have 32 million followers hanging on your every word and you are criticizing Kelly in your open letter. Are you so desperate that you needed to make this public?
You state “Everyday, through my music and public voice I choose to be positive and work towards a kinder and braver world with our community of followers.” Well this obviously is not translating well to your fans, as a large portion of them have not only been vile to Kelly, but also other celebrities such as Madonna, Adele and Rihanna. “You say a kinder, braver world” I don’t know what world you live in, but supporting disgraceful fan comments doesn’t fall under the words “kinder and braver.” It comes under the heading of bullshit.


In closing, stop wearing fur, stop looking for publicity, and stop using your fans to belittle not just Kelly but an endless stream of celebrities. A word from you would stop all the hideous, negative and vile threats from your “little monsters.” Let me know if you want to continue this debate. I’m an open playing field for you my darling.
Sincerely,
Sharon Osbourne

source:thatgrapejuice

No comments: